Sunday, November 24, 2013


This Yoda has been in progress for about a year.  He's made from cardboard tubes, papier mache, masking tape, old fabric, leather, and Aves Apoxie Sculpt for the head sculpt (over a papier mache base).  My son helped with the papier mache, and was the initiator of the project in the first place.  He stands around 20" tall, which is a tad smaller than life size (Yoda's 2 feet tall), but he's big enough for me.


el maléfico doctor Bob said...

Amazing!!, and to share that with your son must be awesome

bruce said...

Thanks! He seems to enjoy getting into the process. I'm sure there's a dark side to having the means to create all this stuff, but I figure if he learns along the way and sees what imagination and skill can produce, the positive should outweigh the negative (I hope).